Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy birthday Owen!

Yesterday was Owen's first birthday. I can’t believe how quickly he has grown up. I love this little man! Here’s some of our favorite things about him:

  • He thinks he’s much bigger than he is.
  • He’s a monkey…he loves to climb and loves bananas.
  • He still loves to be wrapped up tight to go to sleep.
  • He loves to play games with us. He runs away from Sam because he loves to be chased. He’ll start to give something to us and then takes it back  with a cheeky smile. He shoves his dummy (binky) into our mouths and then steals it back. A bit germ-y, but pretty funny.
  • Sometimes when he walks he looks like an old man shuffling along. Mostly when he’s wearing his little footy pjs.
  • He growls all the time. Sounds like he’s trying to make animal noises or something. I think it’s a happy sound.
  • He’s had a pretty funny laugh up to now, but he finally has a real belly laugh. There is no better sound in the whole world!

We love little Owen. He is so happy and makes all of us laugh every day. Happy birthday little man! We love you!

IMG_0401 IMG_0417

Here he is enjoying his delicious cake. He really liked it, but didn’t get nearly as messy as Jackson!

IMG_1767 

IMG_1777  

IMG_1772

3 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

Yeah for 1 year olds! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. Super cute kid!

Jared & Tracee said...

I can't believe that he is already 1. I can remember being at your parents house for something and holding him when he was just tiny!!! He TOTALLY looks like a Hjorth!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Clancy!!!! Wish I could have been there with Nana. I can't believe how fast he has grown. I love you all and miss ya tons.
Papa