Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It’s happening

I guess that I’m getting old. Almost everyday some situation arises that makes me think to myself, “I am becoming my mother.”  It really does happen all the time. Here are a few examples:

  • I often find myself wanting to throw something at Sam when he’s being cheeky.
  • I get cold easily. I really hate this one cause we make fun of my mum for this a lot.
  • I jump while Sam is driving.
  • I get a bit obsessive sometimes when I clean, although I am no where near my mum on this one.
  • I want to have ice cream or milkshakes for dinner. 
  • Lately I always forget my phone when I go out.

Okay, so that’s all I can think of right now, but it really does happen a lot. One time Sam came in and I was on my knees cleaning the floor and Sam said, “Hello Linda.” Resulting in me wanting to throw something at him.

But then I realized it’s okay to be like my mom. I really like her. As much as we tease her and laugh at her, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather grow up to be like. Hopefully though I can pick up a few of her good traits to go along with all these annoying ones that I seemed to have inherited. Love you Mom! (And she’s an awesome Nana too!)

IMG_0419

6 comments:

Jared & Tracee said...

that gave Jared and I a good laugh. I already look like my mom. I hope I don't turn into her!! :) But like you if I did I guess it couldn't be that bad of a thing!

IzzieGuire said...

Cute post! Glad to know I'm not the only one that wants to throw stuff @ my husband. bwahaha Someone recently reminded me that you're not getting older... it's WISER. It helps... a little..sigh.

Unknown said...

This happens to me all the time, too! I figure at least I'm turning into someone that I know and love, and someone who my husband likes. In another 40 years, I'll be my mother and he'll be his father, so it's a good thing he likes her and I like him. :)

The Durst Family said...

We are fans of Linda too- and Tiffany- we love you both!

For Joselyn said...

I think it's a sign of love and a great relationship when you can tease your mum. At least I hope so because my children tease me mercilessly!
I don't know your mum, Tiffany, but if you are like her she must be great.

Unknown said...

Isn't it awesome to have such a good roll model!!!!!