Sunday, August 1, 2010

Changes

Last weekend I went to our ward Relief Society conference. I’m so glad that I took the time to go and that Sam was willing to watch the boys all day. I was able to get to know a lot of sisters in our ward in a way I never would have otherwise. I was reminded that there is usually more to a person than we know. I was also reminded that we’re all in this together and we need to get over ourselves and help each other out. I’m always so worried about what I need and how I feel. Chances are someone else needs the same things and feels the same way. I’ve decided to really try and be a better friend. I guess it’s true that to have a friend you have to be one. I’m glad I got the reminder.

During one of the workshops the presenter was talking about downloading movies and music. He mentioned that people who do that aren’t being honest. Because it was someone that we both trust and respect a lot, I talked to Sam about it when I got home. In the past, we’ve always justified our downloading and didn’t feel too bad about it, although we knew that it was wrong. This time, it was different for some reason. We decided that we’d better step it up and do the right thing. So since then, we’ve deleted all of our downloaded/borrowed/burned music, movies, and wii games. If we haven’t paid for it, we don’t have it. We’ve lost a lot of our collection, but we feel really good about it. It’s been a good change.

I’m so glad that we get second chances and reminders about what we can do better. I’m glad that people are willing to share their stories to help us learn. And I’m glad that I don’t have to perfect today. I’ve got a lot of changes yet to make.

No comments: