Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why?

I really love my son. Just want to start with that.

So Jackson has recently turned 3. I feel like we’ve really moved forward in leaps and bounds since then…just one short month. Jackson never really hit the “terrible twos”, although he had his moments. But he’s wasted no time hitting the “terrible 3’s.” I admit he’s still not terrible, but the tantrums have increased a lot. Definitely testing the limits.

But really, that isn’t what is driving me crazy right now. One of the annoying/frustrating parts of Jackson’s growing up is entering the question phase. I hear the question “why?” about 10 billion times a day (and I never exaggerate).  I know he’s just trying to work everything out, but oh my goodness, I had no idea it would make me so crazy.  He also wants to know who everyone is, where they are going, and where their mummy and daddy are. He also wants to know what everything is about. It goes something like this:

“What is that shop about?” “What is that shirt about?” “What is that car about?” “What is that movie about?” “What is that picture about?” And then when I answer him, without fail he follows up with, “why?”

But even that I could maybe live with. This is when I really want to scream (and often do). Here is a little window into how conversations between Jackson and I go at least half of the time.

Jackson: “Mummy, what are you doing?” Me: “I’m cleaning up.”  J: “Why?” M: “Because it’s a bit messy.”  J: “Yes, Mamma?” M: “Because it’s a bit messy.”  J: “Yes, Mamma?” M: “Because it’s a bit messy.”   J: “Yes, Mamma?” M: “Because it’s a bit messy.”  J: “Yes, Mamma?” M: “Aaaaggghhhh!”  

I hope we all make it through year 3. One month down, 11 to go. Good thing he’s so handsome.

 IMG_1943 IMG_1952

 

 

4 comments:

PQR said...

Aww, look at that pucker! what a heartbreaker.
Maybe you should tell him to phone a friend next time he's asking interminable questions.

Katie said...

All I can say is that I can sympathize with you 110%!!! Lexie does the exact same series of questions...what's their name, where are they, where's their mommy and daddy, why, and on and on and on.....most days I feel like pulling my hair out, too! So I guess it's normal and if everyone else survives it we somehow will, too. :)

Jared & Tracee said...

I too am in the exact same boat!!! "why mom?" I've got to the point where I just say "because I say so, and I'm the mom!" Probably not the best way to end the conversation, but after trying to explain things to her a billion times, its the best I've got! :)

Veech Family UK said...

Tiffan - Thanks for this wonderful blog. I love reading about your family and seeing all the very cute pictures. Enjoy all this talking time and be happy that Jackson is so interested in finding out so much about what is going on around him. It is hard at times because the is so many questions. But there is come a day when you can't get him to talk at all. You know the teenage years. I miss you guys and wish I had you here to help me with my blog. I am thinking I should start up on it again. I have my christmas tree on the page from two years ago so I guess I will just leave it on there since it is coming up again!! lol. A big hi to all the men in your life. Keep up the great blog. It will be such a good history in the future of your family. I love you - Aunt Jo xx