Saturday, December 6, 2008

Just checkin' in



It's been awhile since I put anything up here, so I thought I should send out a little note to all of you. We are doing great. Time is flying by, and I can't believe that it's almost Christmas. Hopefully we'll get our tree soon. This time last year we were getting ready to leave for Australia, it doesn't seem like that was a whole year ago. We miss you all over there!

Jackson is really growing up and changing. He's become really cuddly, which is a big change. He used to hate cuddling, as some of you know very well. He is also very into reading. He loves it. He is always bringing me a book to read. We are really happy about it, although it would be nice if it wasn't always the same book, or when I'm doing the dishes or making dinner! Anyway, he just loves it. However, we are getting tired of our books over and over, so if any of you have any suggestions for us of fun kid books, we'd really appreciate it!

Jackson also loves the dishwasher. He's worked out how to open it, and does it all the time. Why is he so smart? He has also started walking on his tip-toes, climbing the toilet to the counter and playing in the sink, and screaming a lot! We got really tired of his screaming last night, so Sam decided he would spray him with a squirt bottle each time he screamed. This backfired, as Jackson thought it was hilarious! He just laughed and laughed when Sam squirted him. Any tips to get rid of screaming?

So that's the update. Sam is loving his job, and we are starting to adjust to the schedule, I think. And I was called into the Primary Presidency at church (working with the children). I like it, although I have no idea what I am doing! What an adventure!

3 comments:

Ms. Boedee said...

You are the best! I love you - no advice...everything I do doesn't work...I have no answers. :)

Natalie said...

Hey Tiff! I'm in the primary presidency too - it's pretty cool. Sharing time stresses me out, but it's easier than teaching every week.

We go to the library quite often because I too get sick of the same books. There are a few series we like and know that if we get one of those it will be good. The newer Curious George books are good (the old ones are WEIRD!) and all of the Clifford books are good. Brad's favorite are the "Little Critter" books by Mercer Mayer. Hope that helps a little!

The Jones Fam. said...

Hi Tiff!!
I finally got myself a blog and yours is so cute!! I love your family pictures!!! He He He. Love you tons