Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mmm...ice cream

So today Jackson and I are having lunch. He's chomping down his watermelon, and I ask him what kind of sandwich he wants, fully expecting him to say peanut butter, which is his standard answer. He looks at me, tilts his head like he's thinking really hard and says, "umm....." scrunches up his little face like he's thinking really hard and says, "ice cream, I fink." (He adds "I think" on the end of 90% of his sentences these days.) I laughed out loud and wondered if it's my fault he wants an ice cream sandwich for lunch...I eat a lot of ice cream. Luckily he didn't protest too much when I said no and was quite happy to have his peanut butter sandwich. Maybe we'll have some ice cream when he's up from his nap.

2 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

You sound like my kind of people! We LOVE ice cream around here! (Mostly me!) Isn't it funny the things we impress upon our children? I think that's so cute he asked for an ice cream sandwich!

Jared & Tracee said...

Crazy that we are FOREVER away from our homes, but not to far away from you guys! We really need a trip up to visit you guys! Jared has a job interview with Virgin Blue, so if that happens we will be moving down to Sydney! We will keep you updated, but if it goes through we will have a little more money to travel with!