Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Talking

As Jackson approaches his 2nd birthday, he is talking more and more. I probably should've posted more of the funny things he says, but I just haven't. I'm a slacker. Most of the time I really like that he can talk, although there are times when I wish for the jibberish that I could just pretend I understood.
One funny thing Jackson used to say was Yes. He learned yes, and then after awhile, he changed things up a bit, and he would say "yum" everytime he should've said yes. I have no idea why. We eventually got that worked out and we're back to yes or yeah. He also used to call me "Mimi" but has worked out "mommy" now. Somedays I wish he hadn't learned that one, but most of the time it's nice. He also loves to say grass, glasses, airplane and more recently helicopter (which sounds nothing like helicopter.) The other day I told him to say motorcycle and he just said "brrummm, brummm." That was pretty funny.
Names are probably the best. Here's a list of favorites:
Mac = Gac
Jim = Bum or Bim
Becca = Cepa or Beba
Malachi = Kai kai
Lillian = I can't type this one, just a bunch of noise with "an" at the end
Kambria = Babia

But really the winner is Daddy. Jackson does not call Sam Daddy, but has taken to calling him "Jeff". We really have no idea why or where he learned it, but it's always "Jeff." It still makes me laugh. I'm sure one day he'll figure it out.

Anyway, it's fun to hear him talk and be able to understand him. He picks up new words everyday and I'm just happy to know he's learning. He's getting so big. And just because I like photos, here are a couple of recent ones. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ms. Boedee said...

HA HAAAA HAAAAA HAA!! Jeff!!!! That is great!