Monday, September 12, 2011

Blessings

I do realize that I have a lot of updating to do, but I'll get to that soon.  I wanted to get this written down for now. 10 years ago today (in the US) I started on the adventure of a lifetime. I entered the MTC to begin my mission to Auckland New Zealand. I had no idea then how much this adventure would change my life. 


I had a great mission. It definitely wasn't easy, and I often felt pushed to my limit. I had some difficult companions. But, I also had some wonderful companions. I had 2 wonderful mission presidents. I met some of my favorite people in the world. I got to teach people who wanted to change and become better. I learned more of the gospel for myself. As my mission came to an end, I felt so blessed to have served. I felt blessed to be able to know and love the people in New Zealand and I knew I'd never be the same. 

Now, 10 years later, I'm married to an Australian and living in Brisbane because I went on a mission. I certainly wasn't expecting that! Sam and I entered the mission field on the same day. Who knew then? Definitely not me! But here I am. I am so grateful to be living here and for the opportunities we have here. I'm so grateful for the friends we've made here and the influence for good they've been in our lives. 

Perhaps more than most, if I hadn't gone to the MTC 10 years ago today, my life would be very different. I'm glad I went. 

The beautiful New Zealand temple at
Christmas time.

Sam and I at transfers- about 4 months
into our missions.
One of my favorite families ever, the Turner's.


This picture was the day before I went home with some
more of my favorites, Maraea Moeke and the Busby family.

1 comment:

Amber Miyake said...

What a great post! :) Missions are just the best, huh?! I feel like almost every day I'm thinking about something from my mission!! I was so curious about what brought you to Australia - so that was fun to find out! :) I love the pictures too!! :)