Tuesday, September 20, 2011

July part 3

The last week of our trip, we spent 5 days camping with my family for another family reunion – this one with my dad’s family. What a great time! The boys absolutely loved camping. They loved the creek, loved being dirty, loved all the other kids. We’ve gone to this reunion all of my life, so it was fun to see the kids doing all the things I did as a kid. It was definitely one of our favorite parts of the holiday.

 DSCN0673  DSCN0709DSCN0690  DSCN2350 DSCN2369 DSCN2371  IMG_0541 DSCN2376

We took one day and did a hike at Bryce Canyon, which is nearby. The kids did really well and we all had fun. It was so beautiful!

DSCN0510 DSCN0520 DSCN0538 DSCN0551 DSCN0576

We also went to Cascade Falls and Mammoth Caves one day. At the caves, most everyone climbed all the way through the cave. Sam went through with my boys and I pulled them out at the end. I was so proud of them! I didn’t think they would do it, but they really enjoyed it. I think because they each got to have their own torch (flashlight)!

 IMG_0303DSCN0645 DSCN0653 DSCN0654 DSCN0656 DSCN0660 

Just a few days later, we had to say goodbye and get back on the plane. It was really hard to leave. But we are so happy that we got to have such a long visit with our friends and family. We miss you all!

The plane trip home was like heaven- comparatively. Owen fit, and slept, in the bassinet, which meant we all got to sleep. By the time we woke up for good, we only had 5 hours to go.  Yay!

 IMG_20110728_093629

We all had such a great holiday. We are so blessed. I’m so glad that the boys know and love my family! Jackson keeps asking when we are going back and they both love to look at all the photos. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we get to go back again. Until then, we need some visitors!!

I know that if you’ve read all these updates, you’ve seen heaps of photos. If for some reason you are interested in seeing the many more we have, you can check them out here.

No comments: